Individual and Family Therapist (Coastline Services, Coos Bay)
Tuesday, Jun 13th 2017
Do you enjoy working with youth? Come join a Kairos team that's making a difference every day for at-risk youth with mental health challenges by instilling hope and teaching new life skills. Kairos is looking for an INDIVIDUAL and FAMILY THERAPIST to join our collaborative team of dedicated individuals that provide intensive treatment services for youth who are struggling with emotional and behavioral problems related to trauma, loss/grief, and other mental health issues in an Elementary School therapeutic day-treatment classroom setting. The therapist will provide focused treatment with a small caseload; including assessment, treatment planning and team facilitation.
Kairos is an innovative agency that values mental wellness and offers plenty of growth opportunities in a career that makes a lasting difference with youth and their families. If you would enjoy a fulfilling, challenging opportunity working as part of a collaborative, caring team - apply now at Kairos!
Therapists work out of the Kairos Coastline Community Services program in a nearby Elementary School classroom located in NORTH BEND, Oregon which is adjacent to Coos Bay, OR on the Oregon coastline off Hwy. 101. F/T shifts consist of 5 work-days (M-F 9AM-5PM) with occasional evening appointments according to client and families' needs and a shared rotation of on-call responsibilities. The therapists provide individualized, focused treatment with a small caseload including assessment, treatment planning and team facilitation. The therapist will work in close and integrated collaboration with community partners to remain in close and active contact with youth, families, and partners.
Kairos offers competitive wages and generous benefit packages including 2+ weeks paid time-off (PTO) +1 week of paid sick-time the first year of employment, +health, vision and dental insurance, agency is qualified for federal student loan repayment program and also generous 401k with employer matching. Additionally, Kairos recognizes staff by providing innovative, dynamic training and internal growth opportunities.
Compensation range for this position: $3,617- $5,270/mo. salary DOE
Education and Experience Minimum Qualifications:
Must meet Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) classifications, which includes a degree in one of the following:
• Graduate degree in Psychology, Social Work, Recreational Art or Music Therapy;
• Graduate degree in a behavioral science field or qualified Mental Health Intern as defined in 309- 019-0105 (61)
• Additionally the QMHP's ability to become licensed within 2 years is preferred.
• Must demonstrate the ability to conduct an assessment, including identifying precipitating events, gathering histories of mental and physical health, substance abuse, past mental health services and criminal justice contacts, assessing family, cultural, social and work relationships, conducting a mental status examination, complete a DSM diagnosis, write and supervise the implementation of a Service Plan, and provide individual, family or group therapy within the scope of their training.
• Current licensure (LPC, LMFT and/or LCSW) is preferred and Kairos will support both the supervision and cost of licensure requirements. Previous work in a non-profit, out-patient, community setting and with treatment foster care, in-home support services, trauma-informed care, family-driven and youth guided practice is preferred.
• Successfully pass a Criminal Background Check and Medicaid Fraud Check.
• Valid driver's license with 3 yrs. min. driving experience with safe driving record.
Kairos is non-profit mental health agency that provides a variety of psychiatric services to children and young adults struggling with trauma and other mental health issues in various locations throughout Oregon for over 39 years. Known state-wide and nationally for innovation, quality, and accountability in its provision of services, Kairos commits itself to continuous learning and grounding of evidence based treatment models and emerging best practices in mental health through partnerships and training opportunities with leaders in the mental health field. Accredited by The Joint Commission since 1984, licensed by the Oregon Health Authority Office of Licensing and Regulatory Oversight and certified by the Oregon Health Authority Addictions and Mental Health Division.
To be considered for any Kairos position: Send Kairos employment application available at http://www.kairosnw.org with resume and cover letter by email to HR@kairosnw.org - or fax to (541) 956-5463. Background and Medicaid fraud check, valid driver's license with 3 yrs. min. driving experience with safe driving record required. Apply TODAY to join the Kairos team and attend the next scheduled orientation date!
We collaborate with young people, families, and communities to provide intensive mental health services and supports, promote mental wellness, and instill hope.
A region of communities that understands and values mental and emotional wellness, in which all youth and their families have appropriate support and care.